Sunday, March 30, 2014

Variations on a theme

At Stirling Cemetery there were many graves and stones that were iconic or striking or both and Sid and I photographed them individually. What I mean by 'individually' is that each of us wandered around taking photographs but, and I believe it's part of the Campbell Plested Agreement, we made a point of not shadowing each other or trying to take their shot. But sometimes we did shoot the same thing.

I thought it might be interesting to show the images that were produced.

Here are the subjects.


 The first, and close to the wall of the cliff and castle itself, is this angel.



The second, in a different part of the cemetery, is this enclosed memorial.


Because the subject matter seemed to call out for it I did a black and white conversion of the first image (you've seen lots of that sort of thing in this blog).


And this is the detail of the face.


For the enclosed grouping on the other memorial I took this group shot.

Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment